Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Quilters' Garden

The first couple blogs I did when I started this was showing the blocks one by one. But when I couldn't get the pictures posted by myself I decided to wait till I had them finished. Now I need help.






Aren't they different? The TB big book of block patterns that has these reprinted in shows the setting blocks as a light green floral sort of tone on tone, but I can't find that print or anything like it now, Guess I could look at other fabric lines, there is other lines isn't there?

I asked Kim what she would suggest, she did but suggested that I ask all of you. I'll put a picture of the border fabric I want to use. It's from the Fancy Free collection. I have ordered a couple other pieces of this collection in hopes that one will work for the setting pieces.





The Outside triangles will be a beige. Might not be the same one as I used for the BG in the blocks but all the beige work well together.

So help me please. I'm thinking that those large setting squares would be a good place for for feather stitching. I will hand quilt this.

3 comments:

Kairle Oaks said...

The blocks look beautiful, Eileen. The flowers are really bright and colorful. I wonder how an alternate block would look...something like a chimney and cornerstone block. Just an idea. I really like your border fabric!

Pat said...

The blocks turned out nice and what a great choice for the border!!!

The hand quilting in the alternate blocks will be gorgeous. There were so many nice prints in that Fancy Free collection. I'm sure one of them you have coming will work beautifully to show off those feathers.

Patty

Mar said...

Have you decided yet? I thought a tone on tone cream to match your background would show off your beautiful handquilting.