Friday, October 19, 2007

Kim is REALLY a Wonderful Person

I really like my friend Kim better than trees, but here's a photo of a tree anyway

OK, I've created a monster. I hope you realize that the above was in this post before I started: Since Kim is being such a great gal to upload these pictures for me, I just have to leave her comments.
This is the view from my drive across the road. These trees changed so quick that I just had to take another picture to show you.

Now this morning it is FINALLY raining a little but suppose to get a big storm this afternoon so most likely the trees will loose a lot of leaves and the color will be gone.
But Oh!! do we need this rain

Here's the log cabin block. Not an easy one to make. Sure glad there are only nine of them. I just might go ahead and make the rest of them first while I have the pieces all sorted .

Now more of my friends comments as she put this picture in here

Oh, and here's some brown stuff in a pan. It might be an apple crisp or something like that, but I'm not really sure.

I am not a cook, Really would love to have someone to do the cooking. but

Wed. at TB club the owner of the quiltshop usually has some goodies for us. It didn't look like this but almost. Her's was apple crisp, as Kim suggested but when she said it was made in the microwave in about 10 min. I thought , Gee,I bet that would be good using all those pears I'd bought that were really sweet and juicy but DH only ate one. I'd been eating them every day but they really needed to be eaten.

So I had written the recipe down. It came out of her Microwave cookbook . Simple. Yes, I used the pears instead of apples. Here's the recipe. Try it. You'll like it.
I didn't have that many pears so cut back on the ingredients

Apple Crisp

6 c. Apples peeled cut into pieces
3/4 c. brown sugar - stirred into apples and put in a shallow pan

Blend:

1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. flour
1/3 c. quick cooking Quaker Oats
1/4 c. butter - melted
1/2 t. cinnamon

Sprinkle over apples

Microwave for 10-12 min. Yumm

And did I mention what a brilliant blog writer Kim is?

Had to leave this last comment. LOL
Just go read her blog. I don't have the links. Don't know how to do that.

3 comments:

Tazzie said...

Kim is too funny :-) I love the log cabin quilt. I have a number of Judy Martin books, someday I'll make one of her quilts. Thank you for the recipe, it's a keeper!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Kim said...

Gee, Eileen! I was reading about a woman who is 108 and is the oldest blogger, but when I checked her blog, I saw someone else actually does the writing. You're much too young for that. I think I'll start writing off color jokes from now on to separate your photos! ROFLOL!

MARCIE said...

It is nice to have Kim's help, but does she have to talk so much? Maybe one of you should write it italics. Otherwise I might think Eileen is getting pretty brassy! Great shots of your trees Eileen. And your logs and cabins are very nice too.