Friday, October 5, 2007

This and That

I need someone to talk to since Kim is gone so figured I'd write a little. Sure wish I could figure how to upload a picture into the text myself. I am going to try

I finished quilting the BOM I've been doing for my husbands Home Care Nurse. She is paying me for it but not what I usually get. I had wanted to make her something little as she seemed so interested in my quilting.

Now I still need to get a good picture and will have to wait till Kim gets back to post. I think I had posted a bit of it in one of my former blogs. called my ongoing project.

Then I have also been playing with some flannel charms and strips and have a design on the board. Have it about half sewn together. I wanted to make a throw for my Son and family for Christmas. They are coming in for the holiday and wanted. something to give them. They live at about 10,000 ft south of Denver on top of one of the mountains. Wonderful view. Can see Pike's Peak in the distance. But oh what a road. They think nothing of the several feet of snow that they get. The plows are always out working, grading. The school bus comes around. This is where my purple hair grandson lives.

We are in the midst of a very bad draught. It's been 3 weeks since we had about a half inch of rain. We get the news from DC and some parts of Virginia are being restricted on water use. The reservoir's are so low. We have a deep well with wonderful mountain water but who knows how long that might hold out. They are saying maybe a shower next Wed. but up in the 90's this weekend. Did someone say it's October?

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

Good morning! It's been hot here in MA and no rain to speak of either. Can't wait to see your photos. Have a wonderful day! I hope Kim is having a wonderful time but it will be nice to have her back, won't it. :)