Monday, February 18, 2008

Bargello, Revisited

Yes, While sitting talking to my daughter last night I finished the binding on this quilt. That's about the fastest I have ever made one. I really like it and have put it over the back of the couch. Taken off the flannel TB that I made a couple years ago.



You can't see it but the binding is the dark blue the same as the inner border.
Here's a closeup of the quilting. I did diagonally though every other strip both ways. Then a design around the border.

While we were talking my Daughter was finishing up putting this puzzle together.
She had started it at Christmas and then put it on my old cutting board I have in the basement and put it on the bed down there. So finally I have my basement back and she needed the bed to sleep in last night. She bought this at a yard sale for 25 cents and there are two pieces missing. But she's wanted to get it together so she could pass it on to and old lady that loves to put puzzles together.

Hope everyone has had a good weekend and if you are lucky enough to have Presidents Day off , happy quilting. Thanks for stopping in.

6 comments:

antique quilter said...

I really like these bargello quilts, may just have to make one soon.
I like the way you quilted it too!
I enjoy doing puzzles too! Usually we do them in the winter...hmmm not this year yet. Maybe because we haven't had any real snow yet!
Kathie

Paula said...

Your Bargello looks great! Congrats on finishing! Mine is still a work in progress...but someday soon....

Katie said...

Great bargello! Mine is on the pile waiting to be quilted....sigh.

Kim said...

I think I might enjoy a Bargello now that I have had a close look at yours. Sigh...will add it to my dream list. I also enjoy puzzles. We would start a new one each Christmas holiday break the kids had from school. Little by little our family do a little puzzling until all of a sudden I would find it completed. That's the way some of my quilt projects go too, a little puzzling here and there and then done!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

I love your bargello, well done! I couldn't detect any missing pieces on that puzzle, it's great; I'm sure the next lady to put it together will love it, too.

MARCIE said...

That's a puzzel? Seriously? It looks so 3-D! Your bargello tooks fabulous! (I know, I combined two posts. Your bargello looks 3-D also)...