Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Bargello

Ah, the Super Bowl Sunday quiltathon. I've seen many blogs of quilts being made. What a great idea Bonnie had. And her moving the next day.

Here's my completed strips. I did rearrange them from this picture.

Wanted to get the darks more even.That dark spot at the bottom is my stool. If it weren't for that I couldn't reach the top of the board. I'm too short. LOL
Then this is the dark narrow border I found in my stash of TB. It is Navy with stars but does what I wanted it to.

Did you notice the darker strip was on the opposite side. Just looked better.
Then In this picture that I sent Kim last night I just had the outside border stuck around the quilt


This morning I got the outside border sewn on. It is a Thimbleberries. One I had used on another quilt and had the length.

Then this afternoon I decided to get into my old stash of blues and pulled out a lot of odd pieces and started to stick them up on the quilt to make a scrappy pieced backing. Took me all afternoon. But it's done and I have a big enough piece of batting so hopefully tomorrow or this week I can get it pinned . This one I feel I can machine quilt. Lots of straight stitfching.

I really love the way it has turned out. Thanks Bonnie for mentioning this.

10 comments:

dot said...

Great quilt. I like the light and darks, just like shadows.

Unknown said...

Great job, it appears three dimensional in the photo. You must have all of the colors in the right places.

Anonymous said...

great job! I love the fab you picked for the border. It is perfect!
NOW I MAY HAVE TO DO ONE.....
lol

Dawn in MA

merrily row said...

The final arrangement is terrific and all done in two days. You are a quilting dynamo and famous too. I will have to try this one too, maybe.

atet said...

Your bargello quilt is lovely and those borders really do set it off. I took a peek at Judy Martin's site as well -- you're right, I like yoru lighter version better too :0).

Jeanne said...

Your bargello turned out great! It's great to be able to use so many fabrics and have a nice quilt in the end.

Nana B said...

What a great way to use up a stash. I have been looking around at blogs and have found many of these and they are great. I also went and looked at your log cabin and it is super, I also found a few friends that had quilts there. Thanks for sharing.

MARCIE said...

You even finished yours! Way to go! It is beautiful. Thimbleberries fabrics always blend so nicely with one another. I am adding a link to you!

Lisa said...

Well done, I do like the difference it made when you rearranged. I only have the first 1/4 of mine done :o(

Quilts And Pieces said...

This one turned out so cool! And the border - does that ever add to it! I love it!