Friday, February 22, 2008

Boone Hotel Burning

Just got some horrible news. The Boone Hotel, that I had pictures of a couple months ago burned down this morning. Nora Roberts and husband had been restoring it and they had been working inside. Had a lot of it covered in blue tarp to be able to work while the weather was bad.

I'm sure they had been pointing up all the stone on the street side and the brick at the back.

There are two terrific pictures on the papers web site. I can't capture the link but can be found at http://www.heraldmail.com/

We live just two miles from the center of town and why I didn't hear the sirens is beyond me. They said 37 companies of fire trucks came. Our fire station was just behind the hotel a block.

This is really terrible for Boonsboro. At least it didn't take the whole block. Just a little further down is the library and City hall.

I shall try to get pictures when I can get out. Right now we have no school, about 2 inches of snow and waiting for ice for the day.

Not a good start to the weekend, So back to cutting 6 in. bricks to make a braid for my latest project which I will have here tomorrow, If Kim gets the pictures posted.

Have a good day all.

2 comments:

Tazzie said...

Gosh, what a devastating blow to the people that were renovating. I can't even imagine what they must be feeling right now.
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?