Sunday, March 23, 2008

Stars I Progress

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE !!!
hope you are all having a good day. Lots of good weather and Easter baskets full of goodies.

We had our Easter early. my daughter and her youngest Dan came up Friday afternoon and we had our Easter Chicken that evening. Then made soup and still had lots of chicken leftover to make chicken salad on Saturday. They left mid afternoon and we ate the salad for supper. During the day I needed a little project to do while visiting so started to cut out squares. See in the top of this picture. Two different sizes. Larger to make hour glass blocks and the rest to set the Ohio Star together.
A couple weeks ago I found this baggie with these fabrics. About 8x10 in size. Several years ago one of the gals had this swap. We sent in a certain number of each color with some plaids and she put the sets together. I should have taken a picture of them but--

There was red, blue, gold and beige. We were to use 4 colors putting them together.

These are 6 in. blocks and I'm planning on trying to make each different.

Here's a close up so you can see the fabrics. All Thimbleberries of course. I have no idea what I will do with them but they will tell me when the time comes. Why is it that we always have to have something to piece and sew together when we have so many tops completed already. I need an angel to come and quilt all these tops up.

Maybe some day my granddaughters might decide that they would like to quilt.

Kim tells me that this is my 101 post. How time flies when your having fun. Maybe I will wait until my year anniversary and do something special, if I remember.

Thanks for all the comments . I love to know that someone is reading this great information.

OH!. I must give you a recipe that I tried on Friday just for my 13 year old grandson. It was given to us on our Bingo last week and sounded so easy and good. Like I needed cookies but isn't that what Grandmas are suppose to do make cookies?

Chocolate Gooey Cookies

1 - 8 oz. cream cheese
1 stick of butter
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
1 18oz Moist chocolate cake mix
Confectionary sugar

Preheat oven - 350

In large bowl mix (carefully) butter and cream cheese until smooth.
Beat in egg. then vanilla.
Beat in Cake mix. Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
Roll into walnut size balls and roll in sugar. place on cookie sheet 2 in. apart. Bake 12 min.
Cookies will remain soft and gooey. Sprinkle with remaining confectioners sugar.

Very good. They almost all disappeared during the day. Made about 4 dozen.

Have a good holiday.

8 comments:

Tazzie said...

Very cute blocks Eileen, I always love plaid fabrics. And those cookies sound entirely wonderful, they wouldn't last very long around here either!
*hugs*
Tazzie
:-)

Jeanne said...

Hope you had a Blessed Easter. I love your star blocks. They will make one terrific quilt. Plaids add so much character to a quilt!

Cathy said...

That Pammysue is a temptress with those receips! I always read your blog and enjoy it a lot. you are an inspiration. Hugs, CAthy

Busy Little Quilter said...

The blocks are cute. The points I'm impressed with.

That recipe sounds great. I may have to make that for a sewing group I am going to be spending the day with tomorrow.

julieQ said...

Wonderful quilt blocks, just lovely. Thank you for sharing your recipe! I just wanted to thank you for your comments, when I try to e-mail you back, it comes back undeliverable each time. I think you can change that on your profile if you want. Have a wonderful day!!

Phyl said...

I grew up in Oakland, MD!

I am subscribing to your RSS Feed:).

Hugs...

Phyl

atet said...

Love your progress on your mini's and that T quilt -- I've been behind in my blog readins so a happy belated Easter to you!

Anonymous said...

Eileen

I love your blog and all your work it is great, thank you for sharing.
Christine