Saturday, October 17, 2009

Look What The MailLady left me Yesterday

No the sunset did not come into my mailbox, but I just had to show you another one I took just the other day. The western sky was a blazeThis is what was in a badly damaged Flat Rate box yesterday. All the fabrics for a new Thimbleberries Mystery using the Jelly Bean line. I had seen this line while in Dayton on our retreat and really liked it so jumped at the chance to do this mystery. I just love Mysteries There are 15 diferent prints which include two georgous blues. Have the first blocks done now and will post those tomorrow. Don't know if it will be a month before the next one comes are not. This was a closeup of these fabrics. Here is a closeup of the papers that came with it. Shows all the prints with their numbers on the one sheet has the first set of instructions for the first 3 blocks. It just might be that if you click on the picture that you can see what it is.
This week has been alright health wise. Swimming has been great now that it is colder out the pool is steamy and water really warm. Makes for wanting to stay there.
I have the Butterfly quilt ready to sew down the black anntenes so that needs to go to the basement. I'm not so sure about doing this. Kim seems to think it's very easy. Ha.
Have some other blocks to get done and finally found out the pattern which was a mystery at the retreat. Come to find out they had changed their minds an here I had all the strips cut. But looking at the pattern on Quilter's Cache I really like it. It's called Carrie Nation and when put together makes a neat design. So will get going on it one of these days when I feel like stitching. That always seems to go fast. But getting them sandwiched and quilted is another thing.
Thanks for stopping by. Tomorrow I'll show you the finished blocks.




4 comments:

Kim said...

The Jelly Beans fabric looks great! That will be a fun one to make. Those colors also remind me of the dawn colorway for the 2010 BOM project from Thimbleberries.

Anonymous said...

There are a couple pretty purples there also, I just had to point out!! Have fun with it. Hugs, CAthy T.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

I did take a closer look and the fabrics look great!
You stinker - going and looking ahead at the mystery quilt pattern. (I would have done the same - nothing like a good mystery and figuring it out as soon as you can.)

Hugs

Ila K. said...

I hope you'll post the vendor. Those colors are deeee-licious!