Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's Going to Be a White Christmas

This is what it looked like when I got up and it got light enough to see. More is coming I went out to get the paper so wanted to get some pictures before I messed it up. Was surprised as it looked like there was at least 6 inches on to of the mailbox and fence. I haven't been back out but the way it has been snowing I'm sure that the path I made out to get the newspaper that is covered.
Am so glad that I filled up the bird feeder as they are coming in. Also have a slab of suet in the little holder on the railing. Just hope the squirrels stay into their homes and let the birds have the seeds. I took this out of the kitchen window trying to get some birds.I took the time this morning to fry up some bacon that has been in the in the fridge for awhile and cooked ME three sunny side up eggs. What a treat. Then looking out the windows of the porch this is what it looks like now at 9:30 am. Snow is much heavier when you can hardly see the far trees it is heavy. They are calling for snow all day.
So I shall start piecing blocks for Bonnie's new Mystery. Don't need to worry about going out. Hubby said I wasn't to come out if there was snow on the road. That might be into next week before this mountain road gets completely cleaned off. Depending on if they want to have school on Monday.
So hope you all are able to get your Christmas finished and stay safe.



5 comments:

Paper Quilt Creations said...

How absolutely beautiful! I wish I could wiggle my nose and be there if only for 5 minutes. It is hot, dry and brown in Australia where I love at this time of year. Hope you have a very merry white christmas.

Anonymous said...

Glad you are in & keeping cozy!

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Eileen,
It is a wintery day here too but the snow has stopped. We need to shovel but I have spent the day cleaning out drawers in the dining room so that I can put an enormous Poinsettia plant on a trolley by the window. I am hopeing it will not be too cold for it. It is a gorgeous one that I got a work in our Christmas exchange. Bruce said we don't need a tree we could just hang some lights on itLOL. We will go get a real tree tomorrow and then have some good friends in on Wednesday evening to decorate it.
Enjoy your quilting time- Hope Geo is doing well and that he will be able to come home for Christmas.
Time to get back at my cleaning.
Warmest regards,
Anna

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Baby it is cold outside and with tons of snow for you.
Over the weekend we have been chatting back and forth with our son and family in Bethesda. Our son had to abandon his truck about a mile from home and walk the rest of the way. He made if safe and sound, even called me while he was walking along. I have not heard if he has been able to get his truck yet.

Nice post with the pictures!

Candace said...

It's beautiful there. Living here in Central Florida we don't get to see those beautiful scenes, but I enjoy seeing the pictures. Your mystery blocks are beautiful, and the quilt for your son is wonderful. Love all the colors of each. Hope your DH dental problems are doing better.