Saturday, January 16, 2010

Friday Night Sew - In

I'm afraid I didn't get much sewing done last night. I did get this Schnibbles sewn together this past week, between going to the hospital and keeping up with Hubby and all.

This was the pattern that Kim sent me for Christmas with the 2 charms and some white for background and a cute large check for the backing. I might use it for the binding also. I hope you can click on the picture and get a better view of the fabrics. It is very light but great for the Spring. As soon as I finish quilting the Puzzle I will get this quilted.
I don't have a lot of time today as my daughter and grandson are here. She has now gone to the hospital to spend a couple hours with her Dad. Dan is as usual sitting on the couch with laptop and his phone and his music in his ears. He's just happy that he has WiFi here. So this is what I sewed up last night while waiting for them to come. It's the block called Fall Fancy from Quilter's Cache. It is one that we are making every month for a quilt to be finished for our retreat. It's KT fabrics.

As I said before Hubby is still in the hospital in isolation. Have no idea how soon he will be going back to the nursing home. They are doing some PT, with him which is good.
I'm just enjoying the wonderful warm weather we are having and waiting for the rain that is coming tonight and tomorrow. Thanks for stopping by.

9 comments:

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Oh, what a fine job you have done. I feel like spring is on it's way looking at the yellow and blues. Boy, you are good!

Orcsmom said...

Your quilt is very pretty, and really brightens up a winter day! Hope hubby is doing better. I am glad your daughter is there to give you some relief and support. Take care!

Hugs!
Pam

quiltmom anna said...

How nice to have your daughter and grandson for a visit-
Look at you go- very nice quilt- it is so spring like- I love blue and yellow together..
We have had some nice mild weather- not much below zero-
May try to quilt today -
Have a great weekend.
Hugs,
Anna

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about Geo. Hope he can get over these infections soon. I know he is probably disgusted that he doesn't get to come home. Nice that DD & DGS are there with you. Hope DD's court date went well and she can cheer up Dad.

Your quilts look great, but I must tell you there is a mistake in your block for retreat. You need to turn that left hand row the other way. all the light HST need to face outward. I like your Spring like Schnibbles. Kim is so good with colors.

You take care and give Geo a big hug and my prayers.

Linda Z

Kim said...

Love the Schnibbles quilt--the blues are really YOU! I've never seen that other block pattern before--interesting! I'd like to see how it goes together with other blocks that are the same--it looks like it would make some kind of secondary pattern.

MARCIE said...

That Fall Fancy block is very interesting. I don't think I have ever seen it before. Your blue and yellow quilt is delightful!
Hope things improve your your husband.

Anonymous said...

Love the colorful baby quilt as well as the blue and white and yellow Schnibbles quilt. I've been doing Dear Jane blocks, a couple a day on good days. I'm on a tear with them! But I'm behind 2 on the RTO blocks, so need to do them soon. Take care of yourself, miss you, Cathy T

Anonymous said...

Good dispatch and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you as your information.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Hi - thinking of you!