Thursday, April 22, 2010

I'm OK

I've had a few of you wondering what was going on with me. I have been sewing. This is the last Jelly Roll block and now waiting for the next one.
I do have some pictures of the flowers that are coming up in the early spring.

This is the first of the Primulas that stayed good through the winter. There are more to come up and my Daughter brought me a new one for Easter. That is my shadow. I took pictures in the late evening.


This is part of the little garden I have at the back of the house. The creeping phlox are starting to bloom over that old stump. Lots of the other perennials are coming alive.

Here is a view from the other direction. The last yellowish creeping vine is really taking over but hopefully all the dianthus will come back. There are columbine and others showing up.


I have been very busy with my Hubby for this past month. He has been in and out of the hospital with really bad infections and is back there now for at least another 8 days. He came home this past weekend for a couple days but was too weak to be able to get around and without any help couldn't take care of him. Come to find out then that this infection has gotten into his blood so back to more IV's, Fortunately  they had left the Pic line in so he doesn't have to have a lot of sticking of needles that leave lots of bruises.

Here is the edge of the lower drive with the phlox that I planted last year. Those large leaves are the Pink Ladies that come up in Aug. My Daughter and I planted these a year ago and have come up all over the yard. Several up along the road. So hopefully in August we will have lot of Pink Ladies coming up this August when it is HOT.

This is the completed top of the blocks we swapped at the Quilters Hollow that I belong to. It has every ones signature in the middle of the block. I didn't make more blocks as I wanted just a small throw. Now to get it quilted.I have finished machine quilting a Schnibble's quilt but need to get the binding sewn on and whipped down so that will be for later.

Sure hope this comes out OK. With the new editor on blogger it is hard to see how it will come out. So I am fine just busy. Now must think about getting to the hospital. It's a daily chore and am keeping up with my swimming three times a week.  Thanks for sticking with me and being so concerned . Will try not to be so long posting another blog.  


  

6 comments:

Orcsmom said...

Sorry to hear about hubby. You both are daily in my prayers. I asked Kim if she heard from you and she did tell me about him. Glad to see you had some time to sew, you need that time to relax! I can't wait to see the pictures of the pink ladies in bloom. You take care and big hugs to ya!!

Pam

quiltmom anna said...

Hi Eileen,
So nice to see you post as I have been thinking about you and wondering if you were alright. Sorry to hear that Geo has been ill.
I am sure the phlox will be beautiful.
The quilt turned out lovely- you do such beautiful work. Quilting is quite relaxing for me- perhaps it is the same for you.
I am going to quilt retreat tomorrow evening and all day Saturday. I have the retreat quilt pieces cut and just need to pack some things up for tomorrow.
Will look forward to seeing your new projects.
Sending you warm thoughts and good wishes for You and yours,
Warmest regards,
Anna

Lindah said...

Hello, Eileen! I love seeing the pics of your flowers and quilts --all so beautiful! Bloglines is down, so I'm taking a run manually thru my list and so happy to see your post. I'm so sorry to hear that your hubby has another bad infection. You both are in my prayers. I'm glad you are able to keep up the swimming. So good it is available to you.
Looking forward to seeing how you finish these pretty quilts.

Blessings,
Linda H

Anonymous said...

so sorry to hear about hubby's infection. Heres prayers that all will go well. we missed you and your quilts and flowers.
such lovely quilts you have been working on.
Keep on quiling girlfriend!
Dawn in MA

julieQ said...

I knew that your dear husband must have been ill...I am sorry you have to face that journey, hope he is better soon! Your quilts as always are so inspiring.

Shirley--Knot-y Embroidery Lady said...

Thank you for your spring pictures and the update on you DH.