Sunday, August 21, 2011

I've Finally Found Them

The majestic mountains of Delani. Probably the best view you can get of Mt. McKinley. The locals call it Delani. We were lucky and had a week of very sunny and clear weather. This was taken at the McKinley lodge which they say is 40 miles for the mountain.
This is my last kids quilt. I have it ready to take back today. Washed and all. This picture doesn't have the border on it yet. That's how long I have been trying to get this picture up.
Then back to my trip. I had told you we found a wonderful quilt shop in Skagway. I had asked the lady if she stayed all year round. No she and another gal only spent the 4 months of tourist season. There was one who lived there all year and kept the shop open.
They had lots of animal prints and co-ordinates. That is what drawn me to this kit.
Normally I do not buy kits but this one was complete. The pattern has fussy cut 7 in blocks to go in the stars.
Yardage was supllied for this as well as the blue with the bear. They go in the alturnate blocks. I am planning on taking this to the Kansas City retreat our group is planning. I have cut the animal blocks out as it will be easier to just make the flying geese and put the blocks together.


This shows the bear fabric. It is terrific. Look forward to working on this. The light blue and dark blue border has bears in it as well as the light tan inner border. Love this fabric.

I also bought a panel of all the things, animals for Alaska. The lady had fussy cut them out for blocks and made a large quilt. My daughter said I should border it and quilt and use it as a picture on the back of the couch, Probably have a picture of that at sometime.
This is what I found when I got home. The naked ladies coming up. There was another clump against the carport also. Warmer there I guess. Then a loner out in the yard. I had thought we would get a lot of blooms this year because of all the leaves this spring. But only one down along the lower drive.
Today I have Kids Quilts meeting so we are going over there. Want DD to see the set up this lady has. I need to get some more fabric to finish off one of the kits. Plus a border. Then DD has a meeting this evening at one of her fellow HS classmates. Working on the next reunion. Then she will head home.
Not sure when she will get back. but that is fine. She will be very busy with school and then the Renn Faire starts mid Sept. for 6 weeks.
Hope all are having a good weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

MARCIE said...

Looks like you had a fabulous time on your trip! and fabric too!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful view of Denali. You are lucky to have seen the top, not many of us do. Glad your trip was so much fun.