Wednesday, October 26, 2011

West River Quilt Retreat

What I saw when I got there on Thurday Morning. No one else was there so I took my Subway out to the Gasebo and ate it while enjoying the river and the sailboats. So relaxing
This is the building that we sleep and work. The whole front room has windows out the other side with a view of the river.
Like this which I took the next morning when I was up early and the lights from the boats shining on the water.
This is a view of the main room on Thurs, when only a few quilters had arrived. Mine is the back table in the middle by the closed doors. I put up my tablecloth over them for my design wall.
I took this shot on Friday evening of my daughter, in the bright shirt, talking to one of the older members. She came to see me and of course had to talk to all of the older members that she knew. They asked her to stay and do the game of brown bags which is so much fun. I ended up with a small ironing board to be used on a table like so many of the Kansas group had gotten from one of the vendors. So Cool, but when I got home and tried it on my folding table it didn't fit. It also had a message board on the back so could be hung when not in use.
This was my progress by Friday afternoon. Lots of flying geese. This is the kit for the Thimbleberries Club quilt. Called the Quilters Garden. I bought the kit in Excelsior Springs, Mo. quilt shop where the locals have their Thimbleberries club. Loved the blue which is the center of the star and will be the outside border
Posted by PicasaThis is how much I got done at the retreat. so now have them hung on my design wall and need to get busy sewing on the few geese I finished and then making more for the four star blocks I have to do. Then the little sashing around all of them with the blue and dark green cornerstones.

Home on Sunday evening but first stopped in Crofton to see my brother and sister-in-law who was visiting their oldest daughter. It was his 88th birthday. So very special. It was a beautiful day the trees had really changed color and when I got home found the driveway covered with leaves and they are still falling. Winter is coming Thanks for stopping by 

3 comments:

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

What or how do you play the game brown bags?? Looks like you had a great retreat. My husband is from Maryland.

Anonymous said...

Retreats are so much fun!

merrily row said...

It looks like you had a great time, and probably a great friend waiting for you when you got home. Can't wait to see the pics of your finished top. Love that blue!