Saturday, February 18, 2012

Friday Night Sew In

This is a little block, picture I made from a baggie full of scraps. My stylised Christmas Tree.
Now to the blocks for my version of Virginia Bound. I think I will have to rename it Maryland Bound as that is where Hubby was from and I went to as a young bride. I am using his shirts as he left us almost 2 years ago after too many years  of hurting too much.

So this is what I finished yesterday. The last three pieces to complete these four blocks. Have 16 complete blocks to go.

Now this is what my sewing table looks like. I have a Featherweight in it's table and an extension table. This is in front of my porch windows. Next is a big board on top of two sets of plastic drawers for storage of fabric and next to that is a 6ft. table for cutting. Makes a nice quilting porch. Of course at the end my TV etc.

Nice mess but workable. I have all the strips in this bin and the lid.





This is the Schnibbly quilt for this month. I used fabric from a plate of Patisserie which Carrie Nelson sent as a prize a couple of months ago. This is called I,S,T,H. Miss Rosies Name.


Posted by PicasaThe black amd setting fabrics are Thimbleberries. The red just out of my stash. I really like this little quilt. Thanks Carrie.

Maybe I have got through this post without loosing a picture. I still had a cute picture of Penny but maybe another post.
They have been calling for snow here with this big storm coming from Texas but now think it is going out the coast. What a crazy winter we have had. Hope to get out sometime today and rake some leaves. Can do a little at a time. So hope you all have a great weekend and thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Cathie in UT said...

Love your "Maryland Bound" blocks and I love to see what you are doing. What a lovely memory of your DH with the blocks you are creating

Jan said...

Love the blue shirt blocks and the little quilt -- you do such nice work! It's been a funny winter here in Texas, too. Makes me wonder what the summer will be like.